Parapan American Games: Learn about the participating countries and the historic representation of Team ParaChile
Our delegation will comprise practically double the number of athletes who participated in the Lima 2019 Games.
Every day brings us closer to the start of the Santiago 2023 Parapan American Games, and Chile is once again getting into sports mode.
This is because the sports festival is far from over. On November 16, our stadiums will once again be filled with athletes in a competition that will last 10 days.
You can find out the main details of the games below.
Santiago 2023 Parapan American Games and their numbers
- In total about 2,000 para-athletes will participate.
- Team ParaChile will participate with 166 athletes, 108 of whom are men and 58 are women.
- Chile’s athletes have an average age of 31 years.
- In the last Parapan American Games in Lima, Chile participated with a delegation of 84 athletes, meaning the number of athletes has almost doubled.
- There will be 18 disciplines and 17 sports represented. Chile will participate in 17 sports.
- The games will be held in eight municipalities of the Metropolitan Region.
A total of 31 nations will be represented in these games:
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- United States Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
- Saint Vicente and the Grenadines
*Photographs: Chilean Paralympic Committee