Official information of the Government of Chile
Contingency measures in airports, transport, security, facing the emergency situation in the country.
- The Ministry of the Interior reported that a state of emergency has been declared in the Metropolitan Region, as well as in the regions of Antofagasta, Biobío, Coquimbo, Valparaíso, O'Higgins; in the districts of Talca, Chillán, Chillán Viejo, Temuco, Pozo Almonte Padre Las Casas and Punta Arenas; and in the Province of Iquique.
- If a curfew is decreed, the public must remain indoors. Those individuals who circulate on the street during curfew may be detained by members of the Armed Forces. If necessary, they must first apply for a safe conduct in any police station of Carabineros de Chile. The duration of the curfew will be evaluated periodically by the authorities.
- Santiago Airport is operational 24 hours a day. We advise you to respect the arrival time indicated by the airlines.
- Useful information on regarding curfew: If your flight has been confirmed, the following documentation is required to arrive and depart:
1. National Passengers: Paper or digital boarding pass.
2. International departing passengers: Paper or digital boarding pass.
3. International arriving passengers: International Police will deliver a valid document at the airport as a safe conduct.
4. Relatives who need to drop off or pick up passengers should request a safe-conduct at their nearest police station, including the 27th police station in Pudahuel.
Remember: At the airport you will find different transportation options that already have safe conduct.
- Health services are functioning normally and at capacity, with provisions to open intensive and emergency treatment beds if needed.
- SAPU is functioning normally.
- Commercial pharmacies are partially open from 09:00 to 16:00.
- Ambulance personnel can be easily mobilized during curfews. They are the only professionals who do not need a safe conduct.
- Availability of telephonic platform "Salud Responde" (600 360 77 77) for health orientation, run by medical professionals.