Cabinet changes: President Gabriel Boric names new ministers and undersecretaries
Five ministries will now be led by new secretaries of State, as well as 15 Undersecretary’s Offices.
President Gabriel Boric announced important cabinet changes this Friday from the Montt Varas room of La Moneda Palace.
Find out the names of the new authorities and their respective positions below.
Who are the new ministers appointed by the President?
Following the cabinet changes, the new ministers are:
- Foreign Affairs Minister: Albert Van Klaveren
- Public Works Minister: Jessica Teresa López Saffie
- Cultures Minister: Jaime de Aguirre
- Sports Minister: Jaime Pizarro
- Science Minister: Aisén Etcheverry
Changes in the Undersecretary’s Offices
The new authorities who will lead the Undersecretary’s Offices after being appointed by the President are:
- General Government Undersecretary: Nicole Cardoch Ramos
- Treasury Undersecretary: Heidi Berner Herrera
- Foreign Affairs Undersecretary: Gloria de la Fuente González
- International Economic Relations Undersecretary: Claudia Sanhueza Riveros
- Defense Undersecretary: Víctor Jeame Barrueto
- Tourism Undersecretary: Verónica Pardo Lagos
- Children’s Undersecretary: Verónica Silva
- Education Undersecretary: Alejandra Arratia Martínez
- Higher Education Undersecretary: Víctor Orellana Calderón
- Human Rights Undersecretary: Xavier Altamirano
- Public Health Undersecretary: Andrea Albagli Iruretagoyena
- Agriculture Undersecretary: Ignacia Fernández Gatica
- Transport Undersecretary: Jorge Daza Lobos
- National Assets Undersecretary: Sebastián Vergara Tapia
- Energy Undersecretary: Luis Felipe Ramos