- Minister of the Interior and Public Security
- Palacio de La Moneda
Minister of the Interior and Public Security
- 1990 - 1999: Secretary in the Ministry of Defense.
- 2000: Minister of National Defence.
- 2002: Minister Secretary General of the Presidency.
- 2003 - 2005: Ambassador to West Germany.
- 2005: Appointed Minister of the Constitutional Court.
- 2013 - 2014: Director of the National Institute of Human Rights.
- 2014 - 2015: Nominated as Ambassador of Chile in Austria. In September first of 2015 he presented credentials to the President of Uruguay, Mr. Tabaré Vásquez.